With the update added on 08.01.2020 – several changes to the rod system have been implemented.
The rods that a player had gained up to this point will not be changed. Only the rods acquired after the update will operate according to the new system.
The main new change is adding a level 7 rod. Now, players will have the ability to gain even more powerful rod to help them catch bigger fish and get better results.
From now on, rod bonuses available on every rod level will also change. The fish rarity will now be the main bonus type. It will be randomly picked on the level 1 rod and remain unchanged for that rod on its every level. For specific levels, the bonuses will be:
- Level 1 – Bigger weight for fish with the described rod rarity
- Level 2 – Better Sonar value or better Luck for fish with the described rod rarity
- Level 3 – Better weight for specific fish with the described rod rarity
- Level 4 – Better Sonar value or better Luck for fish with the described rod rarity
- Level 5 – Better weight for all caught fish
- Level 6 – a Better chance for catching bigger fish, for fish with the described rod rarity
- Level 7 – Better Weight bonus for fish with the described rod rarity
On level 7 the rod will gain the following traits:
- Score bonus for uninterrupted Combo up to 1,2%
- Instant catch chance increase up to 6%
Rods can be now obtained in championships or by winning duels.
The update regards only the new rods acquired from 08.01.2020 – rods obtained before will work according to the previous system.